Rong Fu RF31 DRO help requested

MarkRoe

Registered
Registered
Hello everyone. I am brand spanking new to the site and am hoping someone can help me out. I need to add a DRO to my Rong Fu RF31 mill/drill. I am a knifemaker and bladesmith and am working on a new folder design and think that a DRO would make my life a whole bunch simpler. Here is a little backstory:

I received the scales and DRO display from a company in China as a sample about two years ago. My intent was to add those to my mill and be up and running. Things got busy with other knife projects and I kind of shelved the DRO project. I recently took them out and although I consider myself a relatively clever and handy guy, I just don't know where to start. I've looked at a variety of videos and internet posts on adding scales and a DRO to a RF31 but I'm still like a deer in the headlights. I'm just not sure where to start of how to go about fitting them to the mill.

So, my biggest hope is that there is someone in either North Idaho or Eastern Washington that might be able to help me get this done. If that isn't possible, then I will graciously accept any help offered.

The scale lengths (in inches) are: 11.5, 13.5, and 25.25

I also posted this in the Metrology section as well before I found this forum. I apologize for the double post.
IMG_2874.JPGIMG_2873.JPGIMG_2872.JPG

Thank you,
Mark

Back