Rotary Table - $100 (Kelseyville, CA)

I have an identical rotary table in my shop. It's an Eron brand. Mine was originally purchased by the company I worked for as a positioner for an automated labeler. It was more than adequate for that application. It, along with several dozen others were replaced when we changed brands of labeling machines. They all went into the store room for possible future use. After a few years in storage the company decided to sell off as many as they could to employees, and scrap the rest.

While mine still does get occasional use for the most part it's been replaced by an Index brand 12" rotary table.

A rotary table is one thing, regardless of size. many a pinch has been averted by bolting on a subplate [usually aluminum] of suitable thickness, in diameter or shape to accommodate job, drilled and tapped with generous matrix for clamping.

Item pictured is a different animal; the two extra handwheels control figurative X & Y axes.

The one in the photo looks very similar to a 8" Palmgren XY rotary table I sold for a friend. The size and brand name of the RT in the photo is not stated by the original poster. The one I sold was new in the box, NOS from the 1960's, looked beautiful, but was not at all rigid, and was lightly built. It would only be useful for light work, in my opinion. RT's like that are more suited for a drill press than for a milling machine. The XY is not needed on a mill, the additional height due to the XY steals headroom, and the additional slides make it less rigid. It could make a drill press into a very light mill for doing light work, like with plastic, and perhaps light work with aluminum. These comments only apply to the one I sold, I have no knowledge of the brand and size of the one being discussed in this thread. I never tested the one I had while cutting anything, just my opinion based on inspecting it and cleaning it up a little...

Edit: FYI, the one I sold, NOS, maybe 15 years ago, went for $350 for my friend. I would certainly not pay that much for it...

The Eron and Palmgren 8" rotary cross slide tables of the 1960's thru the 1980's are nearly identical. The only cosmetic differences I am aware of is that the Palmgren tables had the name cast into the main body. The Eron tables (made in Japan) had an badge with the name drive screwed to the body. I do know the Eron tables of that size used plain bearings (bushings) as opposed to deep groove ball bearings, or tapered roller bearings.

Palmgren rotary table ID:

Eron rotary table ID:
clip_image002.jpg

Back