Rotary table Chuck mounting plate

Coming along very nicely, Brian. :thumbsup: I think you got a nice looking adapter. Good job!

Thanks Randy! This is the first I have ever used a rotary table. Most of my machining had been with CNC equipment. But I always enjoyed manual work when I had the opportunity.

sent from my hand held hickymajig

I like the penny trick and the bar across the table. It took me a minute to figure out what it was on there for.

Is that tool made for camphoring? Do you just touch off the surface and run the table around? Where would one get them?

Looking good Brian. That Rotary Table is a monster.

"Billy G"

This is a better picture of how the alignment pin works.
eda2edev.jpg
y7uqu5e7.jpg

All the pockets are finished. Only a few more operations and it will be complete. Then I will get back to my rotary broach project.
unesesem.jpg

Yup, that is a nice one. Three and four hole bolt patterns just don't play well with each other do they?

Beautiful work. I made mine from an old aluminum gear.

"Billy G"

Yup, that is a nice one. Three and four hole bolt patterns just don't play well with each other do they?

No Randy they do not! What they make you do is double and triple check every step.

Today I clamped the plate to the table. Indicated it true to the axis of the table.

3agesypu.jpg
a8ytajev.jpg

Then I milled the plate tru to the surface of the table. This Chuck has two bearing surfaces that are .032 difference in height. That is the reason for the two different surfaces.

3a9ahu4y.jpg

Last edited:
Back