Rotary table Chuck mounting plate

You may have already noticed, but I decided to mill slots to the mounting holes to make it easier to mount on the table.

begy2u3y.jpg

Here is a better picture to explain the two depths I mentioned earlier.

y5ume4ez.jpg

Another thing I did was modify the chuck wrench I made. I just wasn't happy with it... to chunky feeling. Now I'm happy.

ybu5y6yd.jpg

sent from my hand held hickymajig

I do believe this project is complete. I hope you guys enjoyed this short journey on an easy project. If these are the type of threads you would like to see on this forum I will continue to document projects this way.

If there is anything you would like to see done differently please don't hesitate to mention it here.

Here she is

me7e9aqa.jpg

If these are the type of threads you would like to see on this forum I will continue to document projects this way.

Absolutely, keep 'em coming. You do very nice work in the shop and posting.

Projects like this are what attracts members. Keep them coming. I didn't notice it before, now I see why two bolt holes are offset and two are in the middle.

"Billy G"

Being more of a hobby guy, I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Great job - I hope you post more as you go along.

beautiful work and I love all the set up shots, that stuff helps a lot! One newbie Q - why did you make the adapter plate so thick? Doesn't that reduce the working height above the chuck?

Thanks for the comments guys!

Yes mattthemuppet it is a little tall and I still may machine it down some. Especially since my rotary table is so big. It stands 5.300" off the mill table. I can probably remove .500 with no problem. All that I did was just clean up the piece of material that I got from the scrap bin.

Back