Rotary table plates

taycat

Registered
Registered
i need to make shed load of adaptors for some custom cycle wheels.
some will be 36 hole others 48 and also some 6 hole adaptors.
they are for tapoles i want to build for kids and easier to get standard hubs for 16" wheels than disc brake 36 hole hubs so want to make adaptors.
don't think standard 20 hole wheels will hold up to job.
plan is to make adaptor and weld it on.
rather than having to work out how many turns each time i make one can i just make an extra plate with right number of holes in to speed things up?

Plates will also be used for spoke hole position in rims of wheels.

they are for tapoles
What are tapoles? What is the diameter of the wheels?

With a fixture solidly mounted to the RT, it could have 36, 48, and 6 holes (and/or notches) in the face or circumference of the plate for a spring loaded dog, mounted in a t-slot, to catch the holes or notches from the side or the bottom of the fixture. The RT worm could then be left disengaged for quick indexing.

A tadpole is a type of recumbant trike with two wheels at front.
Rim size of wheels is 16" at front 20" at rear but rears will be BMX 48 spoke and 14mm axles. No brake on them just two on front wheels.

this is a tadpole its one we cut down from mine for him to use.
was bit heavy for him at time ( 4 yrs ago ) 1.5" 16g box section for frame as built to hold an adult.
20" wheels all rd was originally 26" rear.
and originally underseat steering but he couldn't get hang of that so converyed steering for him.
their new ones ( once i have finished mine ) will be 1.25 box and 16" wheels on front with 20" BMX on rear.
k14.jpg

Last edited:
i don't lost most of pics when old laptop died.
just taken some of hack about frame that was using to teach mate to weld on but he lost interest when got one of angles wrong and now being used try dif ideas on and my ten yr to practice his welding on.
basically cut head tube and forks from scrap bike and to box sect.
they are linked by rod under bike with rose joint each end.
to do most basic steering like on pic of boy you fit tubing into where handlebars go and you're away.
fun starts when working out underseat steering.
IMG_20180617_195121.jpgIMG_20180617_195104.jpg

Neat trike, great see a kid outside enjoying life. Great idea making some also. Your wheel dimension sounds correct , I think I'd use a bigger back tire tho for easier vision of both the operator and drivers on the roads. Steering arms outside I think work better for kids , balance control and tip over protection. Wish I could build some here.

will have big flag on back on pole.
20" back is right for them 26" to much from experience.
why not build one? i only have tiny yard and basement since losing workshop.

Back