Rotary table ptojects

melsdad

Active User
Registered
Anyone have any neat projects or parts that they made on there rotary table? I am going to be getting a 15" troyke horizontal/vertical rotary table. I have a few projects planned already. I just thought this would be a good thread to show off some of your work and offer suggestions to those starting out.

sent from my hand held hickymajig

Nothing fancy, but here is some of my handy work using a rotary table.

Spacers

I also, made an adapter for the chuck.

Chuck & Indexer.JPG Indexer Adapter 1.JPG Indexer Adapter 2.JPG Indexer Adapter 3.JPG

Last edited:
Nice looking parts Randy. I can't wait to I play with my new table!

sent from my hand held hickymajig

Most projects require a multitude of tools to getter done. A rotary table is a tool. And like any other tool, there really is no specific project for a rotary table. It's usually used in conjunction/addition to other machine tools. You can use it to machine radiused slots and, to locate holes that are located by a diameter or radius. It's an XY table that goes around in circles.:lmao:

Thank you Brian. So you need not look to hard they are around pages 5 or 6.

"Billy G"

Hey RandyM,

Nice work! I'm making a spacer much like yours, so thanks for the mounting idea - I had planned for something far more complicated that I'm more than happy to abandon. I would like to ask if you had a reason not open the center more fully. I had planned to on mine, but maybe I don't want to? I suppose it would be easy enough to fit a plug and have things both ways.

Where I left off the other night:
Rotary Table Spacer.jpg

Thanks,
Ryan

Rotary Table Spacer.jpg

Hey RandyM,

Nice work! I'm making a spacer much like yours, so thanks for the mounting idea - I had planned for something far more complicated that I'm more than happy to abandon. I would like to ask if you had a reason not open the center more fully. I had planned to on mine, but maybe I don't want to? I suppose it would be easy enough to fit a plug and have things both ways.

Where I left off the other night:

Thanks,
Ryan

Well, thank you Ryan. Looks like you have a really good start on yours. Keep us posted.

Actually, I have a center drilled for set up alignment. I bolt the indexer down to the table using a center in the spindle. Now it is all lined up and I am ready to go. This is usually good enough for the type of work I do. So putting a thru hole in it would be detrimental to my practices. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Got it. I'll be boring as planned since I went the reverse route for alignment and turned the taper off an MT2 drill arbor so it would fit a collet held by the spindle.

Hmmm, can't seem to upload another photo. Anyway, thanks and Go Pack!

Here's a little "project" I did for my wife's Christmas present:

crossfish12.JPG

It was mostly done on the mill and you can clearly see where the rotab came in to play. Here are "front" and "side" shots I took during the build to give you a better idea of the concept:

crossfish06.JPG

crossfish07.JPG

I milled it out of a 4" x 4" x 7" block of aluminum and finished up the base on the lathe.

-Ron

Back