Rotary table ptojects

That is one cool looking piece of machined art!!

sent from my hand held hickymajig

That is one cool looking piece of machined art!!

Thanks much. The wife was happy with it too. Now my oldest daughter is hinting that she wants one...

-Ron

Re: Rotary table project

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN POST YOUR PICS ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE WE ARE CHRISTIAN BASE FOKES, THANKS GARRY
Here's a little "project" I did for my wife's Christmas present:

crossfish12.JPG

It was mostly done on the mill and you can clearly see where the rotab came in to play. Here are "front" and "side" shots I took during the build to give you a better idea of the concept:

crossfish06.JPG

crossfish07.JPG

I milled it out of a 4" x 4" x 7" block of aluminum and finished up the base on the lathe.

-Ron[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with you using the images Gary.

I do need to make it clear that I can't take credit for the original design. I saw a sculpture, using this concept, at the church my son has Boy Scout meetings at. With that in mind I drew up my own set of "rough" plans in TurboCAD to aid in getting the layout/dimensions "just right".

Best regards,

-Ron

This will be my first project on my 15" troyke. I am making a mounting plate for a 10" Chuck I just bought. Here is the only shot I got of it in the lathe. tamy8uja.jpg

I got my version of RandyM's adapter done this afternoon. I didn't really have any specific need for it right now, but when I do, man I'll be ready! :nuts:

RT Adapter.jpgRT Chuck.jpg

RT Adapter.jpg RT Chuck.jpg

This will be my first project on my 15" troyke. I am making a mounting plate for a 10" Chuck I just bought. Here is the only shot I got of it in the lathe. tamy8uja.jpg

I don't know, the center of gravity of them Beamers is pretty good Ron... :roflmao:

I got my version of RandyM's adapter done this afternoon. I didn't really have any specific need for it right now, but when I do, man I'll be ready! :nuts:

WOW! Turned out GREAT! :thumbsup:

Back