Rotary table question ???

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
Ok have a question I can't find an answer to. are the circles on the top of the rotary table representative of the size of arc that will be cut if stock is placed over the line the further you move from center the bigger the circle or arc if not what is there purpose just measurement or ????

Yes, they are there to aid on setting work up to a specific radius, just as are the similar radial markings on a four jaw chuck. However, much more important is the center hole in the rotary table, one makes a shaft to fit in the hole, and hopefully the upper portion turned to fit in a hole in the workpiece to center it up to cut a diameter on it, in that case, the lines would suggest a starting point for the milling to be done.

The circles do not represent arc motion. They are there mainly to line up the part visually. Arc is defined by where the piece is mounted on the rotary table in-relation to how far offset the cutter is from the axis of the tables center-hole.

Ray

Gees.... I thought they were scoring rings...:grin:

I put them in the fixture plate I made just because I could also some taped mounting holes .
DAC01DAD-0A48-45AB-AA73-2E3916859576.jpeg
my cordless drill was the powerfeed for the rt.
The centering dowel pulls out.

Back