Rotary table

I have a 13" German made Walter manual Vert/Hor rotary table that is about 25 years old graduated in Deg./Min./ Seconds of arc and has seen little use, I can not give this thing away. No shops want a manual machine and it is entirely to large and heavy for hobbyists at 300+ Lbs, I suspect that it will go in the scrap in a year or so.
You can have it for the freight cost.
If interested will take pictures tomorrow.

I've had an 8 inch Vertex for 15 or more years. Very pleased with it. The dividing plates and handle from my Vertex indexing head fit it. Can't recall what I used it for with the plates but remember doing it. Im sure the plates hang below the bottom of the base so they have to overhang the front of the table. Mine is the 4 slot, with carefull placement I drilled 4 - 3/8 th holes through a Chinese 8 inch 3 jaw chuck to bolt directly to the table.

Greg

I have a 13" German made Walter manual Vert/Hor rotary table that is about 25 years old graduated in Deg./Min./ Seconds of arc and has seen little use, I can not give this thing away. No shops want a manual machine and it is entirely to large and heavy for hobbyists at 300+ Lbs, I suspect that it will go in the scrap in a year or so.
You can have it for the freight cost.
If interested will take pictures tomorrow.

Probably a lot to ship, but I might be interested. Annoying to use a crane to install it, but it sounds like a nice part.

It is an excellent tool, it cost several thousand dollars back in the 90's, has little use in todays world and is large for a hobbyist. I have several friends that have garage shops, not one would bite even if delivered (-:

Maybe it can live on the other side of the table from the old gearbox power feed and provide balance. :)

I found a cheapo 10" RT for mid $200s and bought it for my 8*30 knee mill.
I like it a lot, I like it so much I have mounted my vise on it as standard affair.
It even makes tramming the vise easier! and faster.!

It does, ahem, weight a crap load, more than I would like to put on and take off regularly.
Perhaps an 8"-er would have been better, but it is what it is.

That's one way to go for tramming the vise!

It would likely be big on my Bridgeport, but I bet it would work well on there. I wouldn't want to move it on/off much, but I don't think I would move it much. Maybe I would even try the vise trick.

I inquired with a supplier of a very standard looking rotary table on eBay that is made in China. The response I got for the tolerances was 0.014 to 0.019 without further details. I was quite surprised.

Seems like the Tiawanese Vertex tables get good reviews. There are Chinese and Indian tables that I have not heard much about. QUOTE]
Apex is the Indian RT.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

The only problem I see with mounting the vise on top of the RT on the mill table is the loss of "Z". If I did that on my mill I doubt if I would have more than a couple of inches to play with.

Back