RPM METER GOES CRAZY

riversidedan

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
so I got one of those $20 digital RPM meters for the table mill hooked it up per instru. and it will not hold a steady reading and jumps all over the place! >>>>>>>>>> have any experience with those??

Is there a sensitivity adjustment(gain)?

I have heard those things can pick up electrical noise from nearby motor wiring. Does it flip around with nothing else on nearby?
(including fluorescent lights)
How are you powering it?
-Mark

I have heard those things can pick up electrical noise from nearby motor wiring. Does it flip around with nothing else on nearby?
(including fluorescent lights)
How are you powering it?
-Mark
yes fluorescent light above, ac/dc conversion to 12V

Did you install the magnet in the proper direction? Also maybe try changing the air gap between the magnet and pickup I know I had this problem because the directions said one thing but found I needed less gap.

It may be noise from the power supply or a grounding/shielding problem
Can you post pictures of the hardware?

Did you install the magnet in the proper direction? Also maybe try changing the air gap between the magnet and pickup I know I had this problem because the directions said one thing but found I needed less gap.
the directions said 10 mm distance so I tried diffrent locations, no change as of yet

It might just be a bad unit... I had to replace one of mine because it came faulty from the factory...

Back