Ruger 22lr barrel replacement

Anschutz and Vudoo are so far out of the budget that they are not a consideration. I would also like to start doing this in the near future and not years from now after I have saved for top of the line. Money spent on this rifle takes away from my other hobbies, like machining, so I need to plan accordingly if I want to enjoy those as well.

The discussion might be moot as well, I discovered yesterday the bearings in my mill are damaged and will need replacing soon. A new set is $900, so there goes the funds for a new rifle.
I understand the balancing of money. Part of the reason I took the path I did on my rifle. Did I spend more over the process, YES, could I have written a check for the total to start with, ABSOLUTELY NOT. Think of it as interest.

What I can say is to start with something older but with good bones. CZ is another option. Check with some of the Pawn shops in your town and let them know what you are looking for. I have had good luck finding specific items with this. Some will take your name and others will just say stop by and check. One good thing about Pawn shops, they can't get something in and then just turn around and sell them. They have to go through a waiting period of between 30 and 90 days. Can't remember. But you can ask them. They will know if something is in the back and when it will come out.

Good luck, but don't settle too much. Patience is the name of the game with a budget.

I've only shot at a few times but the muzzle brake was pretty effective

Back