Ruger P 90

I'm checking on one right now, thank you

I’ve had a P89 for eons. It’s an early model (’92), 304-33xxx, which makes it the same as the P85mk2.
i bought it because it was cheap, designed for the military trials, so it’s tough & reliable.
but a lousy trigger & not much can be done about it. Certainly no 1911.
And it’s big heavy & clunky, although I think it’s kinda cool looking.
i didn’t know it had a different magazine latch spring, but it stands to reason, as the P90 is .45 & single stack.
The P89 has a leaf instead of the coil magazine latch spring the P90 has.
I phoned Ruger after i launched the ejector spring (same as the P90) against the ceiling, never to be found. I needed a couple other parts & the girl on the phone sent me everything in the mail no charge. Great service.
If you can get the spring from Wolfe Springs, I’d get a couple, that way You’ll never have another break. ;-)

Yes I will thank you, they have different part numbers for a single, 3 pack, and a 10 pack. One might break after I forget where the safe place is that I put the spares.:rolleyes:

Good that you found one. In a pinch, I have used the coil spring from a mouse trap, to fix a couple things. One of them is still in place as a sear spring on a flintlock. It’s a little lighter that the broken flat spring it replaced, but it works.

Back