rung fu clone RF-45 ZX45 cnc conversion

I checked it out it's looking great.
I noticed this week when A friend asked me to bore an engine block for him that I couldn't do it. the block was 12" tall and I needed to bore 6" down. ( diesel ) my clearance was only 16" above the table.
There is a lot of wasted stroke in the z axis on these machines.
The spindle can come down and hit the table with no tool in it, and there is still about an inch left in the z down travel inside the column. where you are at in your build right now would be a good time to add a riser block to the z column to gain this wasted movement. A 4 or 5 inch riser would really make the machine more useful and with the quill travel the spindle can still reach the table.
I'm going to add to mine as soon as I find the material.
Steve

Just when I was going to put the column back on you through an awesome curve ball into the mix, can't put it back together now without doing this.. What are you going to use? Aluminum block?

Jack

well since i'm cheap the aluminum will probably be my choice unless I can find something else
I'm in search mode...
my thought on machining it flat and parallel to the mill table is to mount a grinder to the table to grind the top of the
riser before mounting the column.
Steve

Only other thought I have for you is cast iron if you or someone has a small foundry to work with.

I have a friend with an old machine shop I'm going over tomorrow to check his scrap pile
he has trailers full of materials. I may get lucky and find a nice chunk of cast there
I know me if i put the aluminum in, I'd still be looking for something to replace it, so I'll be patient.
Steve

Steve I wonder if I could pick your brain on the driver setup on the Z axis 4200. I found where you set the the 1600s at 5000 and the amps at 3.5. I'm nervous about the Z.

Jack

I'm heading into the shop now I'll take pics of my settings and post them
please give me your motor and driver part numbers so
I can check to make sure they are the same
Steve

here are pics of my settings and a manual of the z axis driver
Steve

DQ2722MDSCF1800.JPG DSCF1801.JPG DSCF1802.JPG DSCF1803.JPG DSCF1804.JPG DSCF1806.JPG DSCF1807.JPG DSCF1808.JPG DSCF1810.JPG DSCF1805.JPG DSCF1809.JPG

Attachments

• DQ2722M MANUAL.pdf
    322.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Steve your awesome. My motor # 110BYGH201-001, driver DQ2722M. Wow this will really take the guess work out of it. Thank you for your help. I hope to up and running or testing I should say in a couple days.

I am going to wait on the 4" riser until I find something nice. I have a chain hoist so I can really do it anytime easily.

Back