rung fu clone RF-45 ZX45 cnc conversion

Re: zx45 milling machine cnc conversion

I just scored a case of really nice surge and lightning protectors ( lightning ya right )
6 of them for $20.00 new in the case. so there are all the circuit breakers, switches i need and line protection with noise filtering can not buy the parts on ebay for that!
i'll be stripping them out tomorrow and milling out the rear power panel on the sherline cnc. the fans also arrived today so that can be built and installed in the enclosure. I'm finally getting started with part of this projectsteve

DSCF0189.JPG DSCF0190.JPG DSCF0191.JPG

I just scored a case of really nice surge and lightning protectors ( lightning ya right )
6 of them for $20.00 new in the case. so there are all the circuit breakers, switches i need and line protection with noise filtering can not buy the parts on ebay for that!
i'll be stripping them out tomorrow and milling out the rear power panel on the sherline cnc. the fans also arrived today so that can be built and installed in the enclosure. I'm finally getting started with part of this projectsteve

Free micro switches with the connnectors, and now you get a free pair of dogs with the surge protectors; you are doing well! ;)

M

they are everywhere i go
steve

this morning I measured my new parts that just came in for the rear panel and of course the were not the same as the manufacturers drawings so I did another drawing of the rear panel and I finally went to the shop to make something with my mill. the little sherline has not been used for months and I had to replace the power supply and driver board when i got home after vacation because of lightning hitting the shed. i had cleaned and adjusted everything after the new parts but i never used it. just a note if you have one of these little machines dont make my repeated mistake and adjust all the backlash out of everything. when the machine warms up after a while everything expands and will lock up the little steppers. I was lucky this time it did it while making a transition move and i caught it. so leave a couple thousands for expansion. my sherline is modified to have a 6x9 work space and thats not big enough for this panel so i split the drawing in 2 and generated the g-codes for each side in d2nc.
here are some pics. the panel came out nice and everything fits first try.
steve

DIGI0039.JPG DIGI0040.JPG DIGI0041.JPG DIGI0042.JPG DIGI0043.JPG DIGI0044.JPG DIGI0045.JPG DIGI0046.JPG DIGI0048.JPG DIGI0049.JPG DIGI0050.JPG DIGI0051.JPG DIGI0052.JPG DIGI0054.JPG DIGI0055.JPG DIGI0056.JPG

I have not been saving g-code files for this project (probably should) but if anyone wants them i do have all the dxf files
If you look at the forth pic down closely you might notice a big mistake compared to the others. I typed in .950 for the depth instead of .095 since i really didnt want that cut into the table i changed it...
:shush:
steve

Last edited:

I got all the parts installed into the rear panel today and i did the cad drawing and g-code for the front panel i should be cutting it out tomorrow. there are only 4 switches on the front panel so it's nothing really but it's my last piece of metal that size. I had to quit today my back was killing me!
i'm still waiting on solidstate relays so the ac wiring is on hold but i'm going to set up a wiring board tomorrow so i can wire everything outside of the enclosure then install it. the space is too cramped inside to do it.
steve

DIGI0059.JPG DIGI0060.JPG DSCF0193.JPG

looks real good so far jumps...

looks like you've got everything you'll need for the build.. Are you still waiting on ballscrews?

I had to quit today my back was killing me!

I know that feeling! :(

The panel looks really good, all it needs now is an engraving of your avatar in the lower right corner. :)

M

yes brucer i am still waiting for the ball screws and bearings but i have a lot of wiring to do and i still have to cut out the enclosure.

7 i had it all set to cut out and forgot i was going to engrave. it was clamped and taped to the plywood backer and that is not flat enough for engraving so I'll label it some other way. I have started wiring now.

this morning i split the front panel drawing into 2 sections so it would fit the sherline mill and made the g-code. then I machined the front panel and installed the switches
I screwed the 3 panels down to a piece of plywood stretched out the right distances apart and started doing the low voltage wiring. so far i have wired the 4 controllers to the breakout board and the power supplies to the controllers. then i routed the motor wires to the rear panel plugs.
i will have all the low voltage wiring done tomorrow morning for the enclosure then i'm waiting for parts again.
steve

DIGI0061.JPG DIGI0062.JPG DIGI0063.JPG DIGI0064.JPG DIGI0065.JPG

Back