rung fu clone RF-45 ZX45 cnc conversion

I put all the parts together and the X and Y axis are completed and work smooth with no backlash if i try to turn the screw at all the table moves, reversing direction is instant movement no free movement ( I wonder if i should leave a tiny bit like the sherline for heating up, I probably will for break in. and use mach3 backlash compensation) Z axis is still waiting for a motor but everything is made and ready for install and final adjustment. right now I could hook the motors up and run the mill but i'm not going to yet. I want to finish it first I know me I'd start using it and that would be it. I want to design a limit switch system that is adjustable so that before running the program i can set stops into the machine that make it almost impossible to hit the table, vise, or anything unplanned making them more useful than just the end of travel. I also want to design and build the enclosure and a flood cooling system.
steve

DSCF0277.JPG DSCF0278.JPG DSCF0279.JPG

thanks mike
all i did today is clean adjust assemble and make sure every bolt is tight it is 12 wire connections away from starting to move on it's own. I moved it out of the middle of the floor and i need to clean up my mess. It is not leaning my tripod is tilted
steve

DSCF0282.JPG

ITS ALIVE!!!!
boy do i have to do something about the mill stand vibration this noise will drive me nuts
i wired the motors and tested everything today. i have not calibrated anything yet but it is close
the max ipm right now is set to 50 to keep things safe
here is a video excuse the noise and ugly old man
steve[video=youtube;3PXo4sqKEyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PXo4sqKEyY[/video]

ITS ALIVE!!!!
boy do i have to do something about the mill stand vibration this noise will drive me nuts
i wired the motors and tested everything today. i have not calibrated anything yet but it is close
the max ipm right now is set to 50 to keep things safe
steve

Seems to be the short travel (in and out from the column) that's causing the problem.
Side to side sounded fine as did the Z.

I know you'll have the issue figured out by the time you read this though. :)

M

there is nothing wrong with the mill it is the flimsy base cabinet sides vibrating and making all the noise the motors do humm but the cabinet is just amping the noise up
steve

I'm going to go check the gib adjustment and hang the head maybe some more weight will shut up the base
steve

I really didnt go into all the settings and wiring in this thread because everything is basically the same as the other cnc i helped MGP just build
the parts are the same wiring and the same breakout board so the pin settings are the same also
the ballscrews are the same pitch
so everything is in this other thread if your wanting the setup and wiring
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/showthread.php/6680-X2-Mini-Mill-CNC-Conversion
the only differences are the 110v circuits for 4 power supplies and the solidstate relay circuit
steve

there is nothing wrong with the mill it is the flimsy base cabinet sides vibrating and making all the noise the motors do humm but the cabinet is just amping the noise up
steve

In that case maybe just slap a sound deadening pad on the inside of each wall of the cabinet?
They're commonly used on the inside of auto body panels. You don't need the expensive stuff used for optimizing sound systems, just the heavy asphalt ones with self adhesive backing. Most paint and body supply places carry them.

Another way would be to tack a length of angle iron to the inside of each wall, which would change the frequency at which it resonates.

M

Back