rung fu clone RF-45 ZX45 cnc conversion

here are all the drawings i have, there may be a few in here that are not from the mill i grabbed everything
i also didnt name things very well lol
steve

Attachments

• cnc drawings.zip
    139.8 KB · Views: 70
  • zx45files.zip
    279.7 KB · Views: 101
my cnc capability is limited to a zen toolworks cnc so i have to do all the work manually. I tried opening your dxf files im emachine and draftsite but cant get dxf to 0 so i can figure out demensions so i will print out each drawing and see if i can figure out coordinates.

nema34.jpg

nema34.jpg

select a part of the drawing in emachineshop and look up at the top it will show the size of what you selected.
or select the entire drawing and on the upper left type in the cordinates as 0, 0

steve

my drawings are not a set of plans and should be checked to what you are building. most drawings were done on the fly as needed and there may be modified drawings of the same part. sorry they were not planned out better but i never concidered someone making a copy of my mill.
I hope they are helpful
steve

Steve,

thanks on the tip on changing the zero, helped my brain get it. Here is what i came up with.

Looks like i will be using my new rotary table to cut the holes, i will also post this on my build page. copycat mill

lanham

motor2.JPG

motor2.JPG

this is a video of the z axis after calibrating and setting backlash compensation. the movements are in .0001 increments reversing the direction.
this impressed me concidering this head weighs 300lb and i bought the cheapest parts i could afford for this build.
steve

[video=youtube;7wtMc__ez7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtMc__ez7M[/video]

I know i have a funny voice!

Very inspirational thread. I am planning a conversion of my RF31, and have been slowly gathering parts. I have my electronics mostly sourced and partially operational. My biggest challenge is taking apart my mill to spec ballscrews and generally survey the heck out of it, then reassembling it to build its own parts.
Thank you for sharing your conversion.

Back