Runnin out of money {:(~

astjp2

Active User
Registered
Well this is my current project that is on perpetual hold....till I can come up with more funds...DSCN0158.JPGDSCN0157.JPGDSCN0162.JPGDSCN0164.JPGDSCN0169.JPGDSCN0177.JPGright c pillar 2.JPGDSCN0158.JPGDSCN0157.JPGDSCN0162.JPGDSCN0164.JPGDSCN0169.JPGDSCN0177.JPGright c pillar 2.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Well there has progress but it has been slow, I built the engine from Scratch....one piece at a time....572 cubic inch and 9.5 to 1 with roller cam and lifters. Rebuilt 4 speed and aluminum heads and intake. 063.JPGDSCN0135.JPG063a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I am not a body man but progress is good on the body work....

- - - Updated - - -

Still more progress....Green Is on...

- - - Updated - - -

It went together fairly well but there was some interference issues with the valve cover on the passenger side but the engine went in ok. Engine is in, dana 60 is in and the girl was trailered home. Now I need to work on getting some funds together to start working on her again. Tim

DSCN0158.JPG DSCN0157.JPG DSCN0162.JPG DSCN0164.JPG DSCN0169.JPG DSCN0177.JPG right c pillar 2.JPG DSCN0135.JPG 063.JPG 063a.jpg charger 005.JPG charger 006.JPG charger 007.JPG charger 008.JPG charger 009.JPG charger 010.JPG charger 012.JPG charger 013.JPG charger 004.JPG charger 005.JPG charger 008.JPG charger 010.JPG charger 012.JPG charger 045.JPG charger 047.JPG charger 048.JPG charger 050.JPG charger 056.JPG charger 058.JPG

That was a year and a half of work. I did not do the body work but I did install a dana 70 ring and pinion into the dana 60 housing. I also made adapters to install 2006 crown vic calipers and 12" rotors onto the drum spindles, they were cut from 4140 plate on a water jet....I also installed an external 3/4" rigid stainless oil line. I discovered that I didn't have the correct bender so I had a local shop build it. One thing on my to do list is to make a new bender for 1/2 & 3/4" with small radius to make lines that I currently don't have. tIM

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! That's one of my favorite cars ever!!

Bernie
Thanks for the compliments, I owned the car since I was 19 and never did anything with her because I didn't have the money or facilities to do it correctly. Tim

DSCN0114.JPG DSCN0115.JPG Brakes].jpg charger 052.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 026.JPG 024.JPG

Very nice ride, how about some specs? I currently have three project vehicles, a '49 Ford F-1 with a tilt front end and 9" rear end (used to run a 429/C6 combo in it), a '68 Ranchero GT, and a '75 Type LT Camaro (mama's car) and no time or money to invest in any of them. Will be following this, I want to see some tire smoke pics! :))

Very nice ride, how about some specs? I currently have three project vehicles, a '49 Ford F-1 with a tilt front end and 9" rear end (used to run a 429/C6 combo in it), a '68 Ranchero GT, and a '75 Type LT Camaro (mama's car) and no time or money to invest in any of them. Will be following this, I want to see some tire smoke pics! :))

Its a plain jane 68 charger with 18K original miles. It has sat for about 30 years, I bought it in 91 in Florida from a retired Lt. Colonel who was getting divorced. It has followed me around until I finally decided to get started on it. It has new door skins, trunk skin, lower rear quarters, and 2 parts of the passenger rear floor pan replaced. I added subframe connectors, torque boxes, radiator core support brace and shock tower braces. Paint is 2006 mustang Kiwi green.

Engine: 572 ci world block hemi. K1 4340 crank and billet 4340 rods, 9.5 to 1 wiseco pistons. Crane roller cam with 248@.050, .628 lift and 112 lsa. Crane 66550-16 roller lifters. Heads are stage V aluminum replacement heads that flow 367@.600 lift with stage V stainless 1.52 int. 1.58 exh. roller rockers, stainless 2.3 in. and 1.9 exh. valves, titanium retainers and 10* locks. Dischelles .250 thick top fuel shafts, stage V intake, a pair of 770 quick fuel carbs with annualar boosters on the primaries and downleg secondaries. Fuel pump is a racepumps 2000 mechanical pump with 1/2" rigid stainless lines to the racepumps regulator, then 3/8" from the reg to the carbs.

Stock aluminum bell housing, 10.5" pressure plate and a 23 spline 833 that I rebuilt. Axle is a Dana 60 truck that was narrowed and the ford torino ends installed. Gears were replaced with a 3.55 Dana 70 ring and pinion and has a 35 spline powerlock. Rear brakes are from a 98 explorer discs with drum parking brake. Front brakes are using the stock drum spindle and hub with a 2006 crown vic rotors and calipers.

Suspension is currently superstock leafs in the rear PST 1.03 torsion bars. I am planning on going with the 1.18 torsion bars and QA1 double adjustable shocks. Wheels will be 2006 crown vic cop car steel wheels that I will flip the centers around on and set the backspacing where I need it.

As it sits, I have about 42K invested so far, but I will need another 20 to finish the interior, wiring, and chrome. I ran the engine for a total of 5 minutes so far, hopefully I will come up with a cool grand or so for the new exhaust pipes with dynomax mufflers and magnaflow resonators. That is all for now, until I finish paying back some of what I had to borrow to get it this far, I am in hold mode. Tim

VERY nice! I pretty well gave up on all of my hotrodding after I got married, but I found other slightly less expensive hobbies to compensate. :thumbsup:

That is a man after my own heart. Looks like you really took the time to think it all through and are not cutting corners on the body and frame. The body work is looking great and that engine Trans combo should be a good set up if you can limit wheelspin. When I built my Camaro I didn't try to get the 1/4 mile performance as much as the stop lite racer and a good top end cruise. I was also running a much smaller CID engine, so I had to change a few things around to get the ride and handling I was after. Keep up the great work and don't forget to post pics whenever you get a chance. That's what makes cars so much fun!!!

Bob

Back