Sad Day .....

road

Active User
Registered
Missed out on a sweet silver Myford 10 for $300. on kijiji... :angry::angry:

I seen it yesterday at 7pm, checked my bank was sold before I could call ...

GRRRRR

Aww man! That makes two of us. Missed out on a FREE Craftsman floor standing drill press this morning......

Hopefully nobody else gets bit today:whiteflag:

GRRRRR

Never check the bank first. As you found out it only takes minutes to lose.

#1 You found it
#2 You call and have them hold it till you call back. Tell them why. (They will hold it most times because you are calling right back)
#3 Check the bank.
#4 Call them back and buy it or turn it down, nothing is lost but time.

"Billy G"

GRRRRR

:angry:
i know the pain of loosing, you are not alone, my friend.
mike:))

GRRRRR
i have never been able to find great deals but life goes on even if I have to pay full price, I still have fun machining.

I feel the pain when I’m one step behind someone at the fleamarket. And the person in front of me is buying it, instead of me!

the interesting thing is that for someone its a wonderful day because they got a really good deal on a Myford 10. I use to really dislike the bid napping on EBAY but I finally got tired of fighting it and use a program for bidding now. I get about 50 percent of what I bid on and don't pay more then i should.

I was close, but third on a sealed bid auction on a Standard -Modern 13x40. That 6 months ago, it still hurts. The 12x24 BusyBee I ended up buying will always feel second choice love.

About a year ago I lost out on a very nice used mill advertised on Craigslist.

I'd been talking to the seller by phone. He kept delaying, but then set a date. On the day in question, I went ahead and rented a Uhaul trailer and bought some new tie-down straps . Then I kept trying to phone to get the address, kept getting voice mail ... lo and behold, late that afternoon the scuffrut finally texted to tell me that there'd been somebody ahead of me, and they'd bought it.:angry:

If I'd just known I was second or third in line, I'd not have rented the trailer or bought the straps. Ah, well ... at least I have a good set of tie-downs now ... but I'm still steamed about the dishonest seller.

Back