Safety gear

If you really want to wear gloves while cleaning I would recommend tig welding gloves. Tillman make a good product. Their usually made of goat skin which is very smooth and offer great dexterity.Before you buy, try them on and get a size that fits tight, they will offer enough protection against splinters, the long cuff also helps shield the upper arm

If you really want to wear gloves while cleaning I would recommend tig welding gloves. Tillman make a good product. Their usually made of goat skin which is very smooth and offer great dexterity.Before you buy, try them on and get a size that fits tight, they will offer enough protection against splinters, the long cuff also helps shield the upper arm
All come on!!
I wear the short leather gloves that when I reach under the lathe bed, I pull my arm back covered in all that way oil that drips off the bottom of the bed. :eek:

Like the idea of using TIG welding gloves or just regular welding gloves, either one would work for me. Would keep the oil off my arm!:D

Using a vacuum works well on my mill if I remove all the long curly things that would jam the hose first.
Buying a vacuum with a large diameter hose is an obvious choice.
Sometimes using a tooth brush helps in clearing the swarf away and cleaning up in general.

Back