[4]

San Francisco bay area auction

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

middle.road

Actively Learning...
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
OK, so who here in the SF area is near this one?
Some nice stuff in this one.
I need a surface plate... :grin:
Going to watch the prices on this for reference. That machinery auction near here last month - the prices were crazy.

mickri

Registered
This company had an auction near me a couple of months back where I picked up 3 wilton drill presses being sold for parts for $30. There was absolutely nothing wrong with one of the drill presses. I combined the parts off of the other two and got another working drill press. Two working drill presses for $30 is a very good deal in my book. In that same auction a 16" southbend lathe sold for $100 and a mill sold for $300. I saw in another auction by this company where 6" milling vises, brand unknown, sold for an average of $50. It was too far away from me otherwise I would have bid on the vises. Somebody should get some good deals here.

middle.road

Actively Learning...
This company had an auction near me a couple of months back where I picked up 3 wilton drill presses being sold for parts for $30. There was absolutely nothing wrong with one of the drill presses. I combined the parts off of the other two and got another working drill press. Two working drill presses for $30 is a very good deal in my book. In that same auction a 16" southbend lathe sold for $100 and a mill sold for $300. I saw in another auction by this company where 6" milling vises, brand unknown, sold for an average of $50. It was too far away from me otherwise I would have bid on the vises. Somebody should get some good deals here.
*SIGH* that's opposite of around these parts.

MSD0

Registered
The Bridgeport looks like it’s in good condition. I wish we had space for it at work.

Aaron_W

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
That is about an hour from me, maybe I can get a deal on something heavy that shipping would make unattractive. I like that mini sized surface plate.

middle.road

Actively Learning...
Someone pass Doc a towel and give him a bib, he's making a mess. :grin:

*EDIT* Grammar check

Last edited:

mickri

Registered
This auction company posts the prices that items sold for. The bridgeport mill sold for over $8,000 yet a cadillac mill which looks like a bridgeport clone sold for $203. Interesting to see the actual sales prices. This same auction company has another machine shop auction in Fremont CA in a week or so. I posted the link in another thread.

middle.road

Actively Learning...
OK, that makes no sense. Unless the BP was just freshly rebuilt. -WOW-
Toolboxes = High, Gage Blocks, Cheap. Compared to my area.
Now off to your other post...

Aaron_W

I can't figure out why the Cadillac sold for so little. The Bridgeport looked like it was going to go for about $4000-5000 and shot up right near the end. There was also a Rong Fu Mill Drill that sold for $1400 which isn't that much less than new.

mickri

Registered
Hard to predict what will happen when people start bidding back and forth. I was not surprised about the cadillac selling for what it did. I first found out about this auction company when they had an auction in Fresno. In that auction an off brand bridgeport clone sold for $300 and a 16" south bend lathe went for $100. In that auction I got two Wilton drill presses for $30 because they were listed as being for parts. Be interesting to see what things sell for in their next machine shop auction later this month. Wish it was closer to me because there are definitely some things that I would like to get in the auction.

Aaron_W

That Rong-Fu mill/drill was the only thing I was kind of interested in in this last one and only if it had gone cheap. I have no room for a Bridgeport size machine. There is a lot more home machinist sized machining equipment in this next one.

[6]
[5] [7]