San Francisco bay area auction

OK, so who here in the SF area is near this one?
Some nice stuff in this one.
I need a surface plate... :grin:
Going to watch the prices on this for reference. That machinery auction near here last month - the prices were crazy.

This company had an auction near me a couple of months back where I picked up 3 wilton drill presses being sold for parts for $30. There was absolutely nothing wrong with one of the drill presses. I combined the parts off of the other two and got another working drill press. Two working drill presses for $30 is a very good deal in my book. In that same auction a 16" southbend lathe sold for $100 and a mill sold for $300. I saw in another auction by this company where 6" milling vises, brand unknown, sold for an average of $50. It was too far away from me otherwise I would have bid on the vises. Somebody should get some good deals here.

This company had an auction near me a couple of months back where I picked up 3 wilton drill presses being sold for parts for $30. There was absolutely nothing wrong with one of the drill presses. I combined the parts off of the other two and got another working drill press. Two working drill presses for $30 is a very good deal in my book. In that same auction a 16" southbend lathe sold for $100 and a mill sold for $300. I saw in another auction by this company where 6" milling vises, brand unknown, sold for an average of $50. It was too far away from me otherwise I would have bid on the vises. Somebody should get some good deals here.
*SIGH* that's opposite of around these parts.

The Bridgeport looks like it’s in good condition. I wish we had space for it at work.

That is about an hour from me, maybe I can get a deal on something heavy that shipping would make unattractive. I like that mini sized surface plate.

Someone pass Doc a towel and give him a bib, he's making a mess. :grin:

*EDIT* Grammar check

Last edited:
This auction company posts the prices that items sold for. The bridgeport mill sold for over $8,000 yet a cadillac mill which looks like a bridgeport clone sold for $203. Interesting to see the actual sales prices. This same auction company has another machine shop auction in Fremont CA in a week or so. I posted the link in another thread.

OK, that makes no sense. Unless the BP was just freshly rebuilt. -WOW-
Toolboxes = High, Gage Blocks, Cheap. Compared to my area.
Now off to your other post...

Back