San Francisco bay area auction

I can't figure out why the Cadillac sold for so little. The Bridgeport looked like it was going to go for about $4000-5000 and shot up right near the end. There was also a Rong Fu Mill Drill that sold for $1400 which isn't that much less than new.

Hard to predict what will happen when people start bidding back and forth. I was not surprised about the cadillac selling for what it did. I first found out about this auction company when they had an auction in Fresno. In that auction an off brand bridgeport clone sold for $300 and a 16" south bend lathe went for $100. In that auction I got two Wilton drill presses for $30 because they were listed as being for parts. Be interesting to see what things sell for in their next machine shop auction later this month. Wish it was closer to me because there are definitely some things that I would like to get in the auction.

That Rong-Fu mill/drill was the only thing I was kind of interested in in this last one and only if it had gone cheap. I have no room for a Bridgeport size machine. There is a lot more home machinist sized machining equipment in this next one.

Back