Saving a Craftsman 6" 101.07301

If anyone wants a set of the gears, let me know and I’ll get you in contact with the guy who did mine. He did them for $20 a set. I’m not affiliated with him, and they’re not perfect, but for $20 they are great.

they’re not perfect, but
What is 'not perfect' about them? Fit to the shaft? Mesh?

I'm still curious about the printing details. Can you ask the guy what material they were printed with? PLA? Also, what percentage infill and how many shells? I only know a little about 3D printing but I would guess that extra shells would seriously strengthen the teeth and keyway.

Craig

There’s a slight variation in tooth angle of the printed result. Not part of the file, but the printer. A few teeth, instead of being parallel to the axis, are maybe 1° or two off. Everything else is good. Shaft is a couple thou undersized, but I was able to open it up by hand with a 1/2” twist drill bit. It was printed I. PLA with 20% fill for red and 50% in blue.

I got a "new" right hand leg to replace the broken one I had. Picking up a bucket of evaporust tomorrow. Then I just have to wait for Clausing to send my bearings.

Update: All the small parts have been through a big bucket of EvapoRust. The large parts are sitting in 30 gallons of bad 7-11 diesel. (Best friend almost destroyed his motor with a batch of diesel from a 7-11 that had a high water content and gasoline in it...)

I bought a treadmill for $10 and gutted it. I have a working motor, controller and dashboard. I found plans for a PWM controller based on 555 timers that I am going to build. Here's what gave me the idea to make the PWM controller: http://el34world.com/Misc/Cnc/TreadmillMotor1.htm

This is the pcb layout i came up with. I should fit nicely on the prototyping boards I have. For those following along at home, somewhere on either side of R2 will be a momentary NC switch. TP1 is the negative connection, TP2 is positive, and the floating end of R7 is the PWM signal out.
Untitled by bigangryscot, on Flickr

Got a shipping notice from Clausing! I need to break out the o-scope and check my PWM circuit. Built it on a breadboard this morning and got nothing out of it. Time to break out the instrumentation.

Back