Saving a Craftsman 6" 101.07301

I would use the toughest materials you have for printing the two tumbler gears- lot of forces acting on those, fastest wearing zamak gear on the 6"
and unfortunately the hardest to find used in good condition
M

Regarding the Taig chucks, I got one of each delivered today. They fit my Craftsman 1" x 8 tpi spindle perfectly. The part numbers are 1050 ATLA and 1060 ATLA.

Where can I buy one???
R

Where can I buy one???
R
Go to Taig Tools website. Look under "accessories" (left hand menu option).
The 3 jaw chuck is item number 1050 ATLA. The 4 jaw chuck is 1060 ATLA.
Their contact info is at the top right corner of their home page.
They don't have an on-line commerce site. Call them up - super friendly people with quick response time. They'll take your credit card over the phone, or you can mail in a check.
I believe domestic shipping is $10.

Reactions: rwm
Mrpete222 has a video of testing a printed gear on an Atlas 12' lathe. Just in case you're not interested in watching it, the end result, as I remember was that the spindle stalled before he was able to break it. I had some gears printed for my 10" Atlas, but am not done putting it back together to try them out.

the OP on this thread might be able to help:

looking good! To get you up and running without a compound, you could always mount an appropriately sized block with hole in the bottom to fit over the post on the cross slide. Something i've thought of doing to up the rigidity when i don't need to do angles

Back