School me on an Induma mill.

Don't expect any BP part to fit the Induma. The Induma is a totally different machine. They are branded as clones, but parts will not interchange. Induma has built them for westbury, masseratti, and some are just branded Induma. Missing enough parts , I would keep looking. Induma still shows a web site induma.it but closed up years ago.

I never expected that BP parts would fit without modification but I believe that starting out with an already manufactured gib would be a whole lot easier than making a new one from scratch.
The gibs on my Gorton 9J are so huge (42" long) that some portion of it may be adaptable to a BP style mill with the gibs only half as long.

There is still the chance that the present owner may find the missing gibs too. If the gap piece is still there for the lathe and the lathe is not too worn out I still think this is a decent deal in a machinery desert. Maybe not in Chicago, Detroit, or Cincinnati but in Texas it may.

Keith, the table looks normal length to me.

Last edited:
What I'd like to find is a smaller mill like a 7"x27" Millrite, but those are rarer than an honest politician around here. I'm mainly going to be doing gunsmith work with it ie: milling sight slots, building small parts, etc., I doubt that I'll be doing anything heavy, but I want something that is going to last and doesn't have a bunch of plastic junk in it.

You can always do small work on a big mill but not the other way around.

Just think of the cool F-class bipods you can machine with this mill!

When I did some tech work for Grizzly I made some gibs using only a belt sander and a file.
It's doable but it take lots of time.

Back