Scores from this past summer season

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Didn't get much of a chance to post this summer/fall so I'm playing catch-up. Tooling budget has been tight so I avoided going to sales.

Freebies.
Haven't plugged in the Servo yet, wiring is iffy and I want to tear it down and verify it's condition.
Not even sure if it will fit the BP. Going to have to start a thread on it when I find out.
A face plate (D1-4) for the Birmingham, and a stock stop for the mill.
0419181832-R.jpg...0419181832aR.jpg

-=-
The Auction where that South Bend Lathe that I posted about was at.
I bid on this just for the Tach, didn't pay much attention to the Calipers until I picked it up.
They are 8" Mitutoyo's!
Also scored a lot of (3) dremels, all but one were toast. They was also a pack of router bits from HF that they included...
$24
1543965979376.png

-=-
Estate Sale where the owner had owned a hardware store.
Snagged all this for $26.

hs-01.jpg

-=-
Estate Sale where the Gent worked for AT&T. Most of the stuff has 'Bell System Property' on them.
Came to ~$40. Honey treated, she had scored a ton of Longaberger baskets for re-sale, and I made up a line like 'Well if I gotta load up all that stuff I'm going to need some tools', and she fell for it. :grin: (not)
BS_01.jpg

-=-
Single item from a Widow's sale. Made in the U.S.A. Installed a keyless chuck on it and have been using it regularly since I got it.
driil_r.jpg

-=-
Estate Sale. final day. $10
Under the header of 'Charlie Brown and a Christmas Tree', this poor thing was sitting in a corner.
Couldn't leave it behind.
My plan is to knock down the rust and then clear coat it and create a derelict out of it ala Icon4x4.
Ran out of warm weather to execute that plan.

1028181718R.jpg....0718181613R.jpg

I gained a few things this past year, kept a lot of folks honest on prices of other things.
Items in good shape I try for 1/2 of new or less, depending on item. Seems like most folks will go 2/3-3/4 of new and that is BEFORE buyer premium of 10%!

Seems like most folks will go 2/3-3/4 of new and that is BEFORE buyer premium of 10%!

I never understand that. If I have the option to buy something new, you have to get the price waaaaay down (half or even 1/4) before I'll consider buying it used. There's a substantial risk in buying used, and the price needs to reflect that.

If that’s a servo 80 I have one for parts that aren’t electronic.

Back