Scrap to useful.

MarkM

Registered
Registered
I came across some medium carbon nuts and bolts dismantling a pump station for a week I thought i d keep some and make some stuff eventually. I figure there 4140 as they were happiest in the 70 80 sfm range with my cutters.
Have been busy and haven t had the chance to get my Glacern on the table so I d thought I d make some Tee nuts with them. Then I started to wonder what some of our ingenius members have come up with using scrap.
So as a light hearted casual kinda thread how about some pics of some stuff made from srcap. The rustier the better or how about the vision to see something in a chunk of material. My Tee nuts aren t much but it s more about my curiosity to see wimage.jpegimage.jpeghat s out there and i ll start it off.

I used some wing bolts and turned them down to fit my oem and aftermarket throttle position sensor for a ford 4.6l normal bolts were Phillips and torx which sucked to adjust....these you could set finger tight test then grab with a plier to final cinch......was the ****.

I was looking around my shop at the time to figure something out then looked dead at the tail stock on one of my taig style lathes. BINGO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scrap to useful. That is the description of the vast majority of work done in my shop. I may make a sign (from scrap wood) for my shop that says "scrap to useful." Useful to make me smile. I like that idea a lot.

Scrap to useful. That is the description of the vast majority of work done in my shop. I may make a sign (from scrap wood) for my shop that says "scrap to useful." Useful to make me smile. I like that idea a lot.

Lord child! Don’t get me started on wood!

There is no such thing as a trash piece of wood unless it’s rotten hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back