Scraping Classes In Vermont Or New England?

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Are there scraping classes or anybody who wants to teach a youngster (42) ☺ how to scrape in and restore machines up in Vermont? Feeling like this is something that will be a big part of my life in the future - restoring equipment, and would like to learn how to do it right.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Soooo...nothing? Nada?

Are there scraping classes or anybody who wants to teach a youngster (42) ☺ how to scrape in and restore machines up in Vermont? Feeling like this is something that will be a big part of my life in the future - restoring equipment, and would like to learn how to do it right.

If you're looking for a class look for Richard King. He has classes when some group requests them. Do a search on this site and you should find him.

Im in Concord, NH and would gladly drive a few hours for a class in scraping. I know there's a well respected machine rebuilder who generously posts here form the Boston area but I don't think he does classes.

Im in Concord, NH and would gladly drive a few hours for a class in scraping. I know there's a well respected machine rebuilder who generously posts here form the Boston area but I don't think he does classes.

You might have to be the guy that gets a class organized. If you talk to Richard he can tell you how to get started.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions, PM contacts and ideas so far. I'll contact Richard and see what is involved with setting up a class. Anyone want to come to Burlington, VT this winter? ⛄

O.k. talked to Richard this past weekend. Bottom line is that there may be interest for two classes in Vermont next year. Burlington and Springfield. Another machinist from Springfield is going to work the south end of the state and I'm going to work the north end.

Burlington is an easy commute from Montreal, Plattsburgh, Massachusetts and NH. Springfield is only two hours south east and may be a better choice for NH, Boston folks.

If you are interested let me know and I'll provide details. This would most likely be a 3 day class hosted over the weekend at the Edlund factory in Burlington, VT. If we jump on this, we could make it work in January, but that would be tight. Next option would be early June.

O.k. talked to Richard this past weekend. Bottom line is that there may be interest for two classes in Vermont next year. Burlington and Springfield. Another machinist from Springfield is going to work the south end of the state and I'm going to work the north end.

Burlington is an easy commute from Montreal, Plattsburgh, Massachusetts and NH. Springfield is only two hours south east and may be a better choice for NH, Boston folks.

If you are interested let me know and I'll provide details. This would most likely be a 3 day class hosted over the weekend at the Edlund factory in Burlington, VT. If we jump on this, we could make it work in January, but that would be tight. Next option would be early June.

Glad to see you made contact with Richard, he's a great teacher and really nice guy. I took one of his classes in 2011 in Arlington,Texas. Looks like you've gotten right on the organizing. Hope everything goes well and I'm sure you will enjoy the class.

I'm in CT and would be interested but travelling to Vermont in January could be a little dicey for me.

Traveling in the NE in January could be unpredictable. Although, its been lovely so far, compared to the blizzard last Thanksgiving. If the classes are over a weekend I could probably make it work. I would prefer June over January although my need to scrape is current. By June it may be somewhat moot.

Back