scraping in a surface gauge feedback needed.

Braeden P

Registered
Registered
So I made a scraper for 1/8 by 1 hot rolled and used a hss parting blade and I bought a 9 by 12 wood river surface plate from wood craft it says it is accurate to the tenth but not what distance so I smell something fishy but now back to the scraper. I am scraping in a starrett surface gauge and I did a cross-hatch on it then covered it with a sharpie and put some water on the plate and a piece of USA made 2000 grit sandpaper which is not accurate I need some Prussian blue but I will get some soon. The bright spots are glare and that piece of granite is not the surface plate and co staring lemu emu chip brush brought to you by liberty mutual flyer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
I just went out and bought some Prussian blue and a rubber roller for inspection and I could use the Prussian blue for putting on the cranks of lathes and mills;)

Hey Braeden, pull the ledge pins out of your surface gage. There is no need to flatten or scrape the ends of them.

Hey Braeden, pull the ledge pins out of your surface gage. There is no need to flatten or scrape the ends of them.
I did that already because I knew that they would be a pain.

I did some more with inspecting it with some Prussian blue and that stuff does get every where.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
Back