scraping in a surface gauge feedback needed.

Did a bit more and I have to get the feel still

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48
Am I using to little blue? I just hinged it and it hinges about the middle of the other side I push on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 44
I now have about 35-40 points of contact per square inch I think that is when you start finish scraping but I may be wrong dang glare strikes again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
would this be a bad first time project because of the 2 sides and if I scrape one side but not the other the blue will show up in different on the non scraped side but I thing it will work.

I think you should be marking and scraping both sides for every marking. One side may require less scraping than the other and vice versa as you progress.

Otherwise you could introduce some tilt to the surface gage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you should be marking and scraping both sides for every marking. One side may require less scraping than the other and vice versa as you progress.

Otherwise you could introduce some tilt to the surface gage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yea that is what i was thinking but the part is held too high for me so a lower work bench and I have to hold the scraper at a 30 degree anger because the blade is short and i dont have a way to mill down the body of it so that the blade is lower but christmas is just around the corner and i like sandvik scrapers so....

Have you hinged the part on your surface plate?
That helps to verify if your part is flat. It should hinge 1/3 in on each side (pivot point)
Looking good.

I have and it hinges as it should but i only have about 15 percent contact I am using prussian blue oil paint is that bad because i roll it out to a thin layer i do it until it slides freely and if i dont roll it much it sticks and do you know where to get a highliting color like red?

This is all that I will do I have 34-40 high spots per inch and about 30 to 40% contact I’m have I got trouble with the pictures they won’t load after ten minutes and I have good WiFi I will try again soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Back