SCRAPPER ALERT!! Davidsonville, Maryland

That's not too bad . Looks heavier than that , but lighter than a BP .
:encourage:

OK, so I called the auction folks and they are having round 2 on 8/2 through 4. The lathe is still there and only $200, which is just about what I calculated scrap value to be based on weight and current price range. I even have a way to get it home. How can I not at least buy it and try to find an owner or part it out? I know another Walcott owner who I know wants some of the parts. Also have my eye on a Racine power hacksaw to put next to my Keller.

That's a big machine to move just to part it out ! :grin: I'm still on the prowl to clean out the basement with that 9" Jet lathe and WM mill from last year . There was a lot of excellent tooling but it's work . I'm not sure if it's even worth my time to take it on .

Dave, the good news is that my contact at Tuckahoe said they would help me move it and if I didn't want it they would take it to sell and make $$ for the museum. So if I can't sell it I can give it to them.

Sounds like a plan . :grin:

You can at least be glad saving them from China getting them. Down the road you know the ones who own these will want parts and according to eBay there made of gold and platinum as parts. With help there not hard to move if you use your head . Pipe rollers comalong, straps and chain . Good pry bars as levers and blocks. Good luck be safe

Silverbullet, a buddy has all the stuff to move the lathe. He leads the team of volunteers at the local steam and gas machine shop museum where I just started volunteering, so he has moving experience.

Lathe was sold. Only the Kempsmith #2 remains but it weighs about 3,500 lbs. Just glad the lathe was saved.

Back