Seals for Porta-power

@jbltwin1

We don't seem to be converging on a solution.

I don't know you, your experience/skill levels or what equipment you have to work with.
Therefore, I'm going to try to describe my suggestion (based on the information you have provided and have declined to provide) and step away.

Contact any competent hydraulics repair shop and tell them you want a "Porta-Power (generic, NOT the brand name) piston seal kit for a 1.125" bore x .750" rod x LENGTH TBD. Send them the picture of all the parts (including the damaged seal) installed on the rod. Provide the thickness dimension for the brass part and the dimension for the rest of the installed seal pack (from the brass part to the retaining nut.

I see considerable scoring on the wear ring which suggests to me that the cylinder ID is also scored. If so, the cylinder bore needs to be honed or it will soon damage any new seals.

@Provincial , in reply #17 has a very good suggestion. Try calling the number provided and maybe they can walk you through it.

Good luck. YMMV

Never mind. I tried to describe what I had and provided pics and measurements. I'm sorry I bothered you. I will try elsewhere. Thank you for your efforts.

@jbltwin1, Extropic was just trying to help you find a part and wanted the rest of the information in order to give you a good, accurate answer.

Basically, things like seals and o-rings can be general (automotive grade) or specialty, which is looking more like the case with your part. They are simply made to the specifications of the buyer, but often fit a more common application. Since it isn't looking like a perfect square number between ID and OD is going to do it, and you have high pressure requirements for the port-a-power, he asked for you to provide enough detail for him to find the part and return a good part number and source to you. People on this board are cool like that, and folks here tend to do legwork for each other when asked. It's really a cool community, please don't take it the wrong way!

Being in center of the highest producing ag area in the country requires sources of parts for farm stuff.

Our go-to place is central supply on Van Ness in Fresno Ca..

We take in a handful of parts, the parts that contain the seal and what is left of the seal and these guys usually have them.

Porta power type things are somewhat of a problem, but they are close to other similar things.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back