Searching for a small quiet metal saw

Bandsaw is about as quit as you're gonna get

I've had one of these for about three years. It has cut more aluminum and Delrin than I expected it to. Single speed and made for wood so it's not really an option if you're cutting anything hard.

If mine died tomorrow I'd feel like I got my money's worth out of it.

677954.jpg

Bandsaw is about as quit as you're gonna get

Actually there are some quieter methods that I have seen. I'm sure it will take decades of training though to master them. Perhaps one might be able to convince ThisOldTony to teach them. :)

(Start at 2:53 if it doesn't start there for you)

(Start at 0:43 if it doesn't start there for you)

Looks like he did teach his son! (Start at 0:47 if it doesn't start there for you)

Northern Tool makes a benchtop horizontal bandsaw similar to the Little Machine Shop model. I got one and I've been quite satisfied with it. I caught it on sale and with a coupon paid a bit less than $200.

49466_700x700.jpg

All those bandsaw that are basically converted portabands appear to have universal brush motors which will certainly be louder than a bandsaw with an induction motor.

Brino do you have a table that you use currently with the milwaukeetool?

Brino do you have a table that you use currently with the milwaukeetool?

Nope I do not. I use the Milwaukee as a hand held only. I have a large vertical band saw with a table for other cuts.
-brino

I have had Milwaukee Portaband with the table for about 20 years. It works great, cuts most every thing I ever needed it to quickly and accurately. It takes a bit of adjusting to get it cutting square but once done, it stays true for many years. The table attachment is very robust and rigid, I used to have it on pipe legs but recently moved it to my bench top. I also have a "cold cut" chop saw and an abrasive "hot cut" saw while those have their place, the bandsaw is the most versatile and certainly the quieter of the three.

Back