Sears/craftsman Air Compressor Oil In Air Tank

Think mine is older ... sears model 106.153540
2.750" bore
2" stroke
.077 comp rings
.187 oil rings

When I go to sears site, "sorry, these parts no longer available"...going to start email to aftermarket sites with the stats and see if they have rings.

air comp.jpg

2.750" bore
2" stroke
.077 comp rings
.187 oil rings

When I go to sears site, "sorry, these parts no longer available"...going to start email to aftermarket sites with the stats and see if they have rings.

View attachment 134587
You might want
2.750" bore
2" stroke
.077 comp rings
.187 oil rings

View attachment 134587
I'm also looking for parts to do a rebuild. Let us know if you find something.

OK Here's the deal
Searched eBeast and one of the results was "pacificaircompressors". Showed a 2.750" ring set, but no way of knowing for sure. Near the bottom of the ad there was a phone number if u have any questions. Called 1-888-483-4169 (in Oregon) , got to "Mike", and he was able to look up everything on my unit from the model number, and direct me to the kit needed. Ordered it at $28 so we'll see if it's correct. Says if any A/C is Campbell Hausfield, he can get parts for it. !!

Next chapter...Ring set(s) arrived. Good company.!! They weren't sure which set fit correctly so they sent two different sets. Installed the correct ones, and comp is back together and running. Does not seem to fill the tank as fast as it used to, but maybe they need to bed in. Yes deglazed the bores, pulled and cleaned the reed valve assys, changed oil, made gaskets, etc. :>)

Automatic drain valves that fail usually do so slowly over long periods . It used to be a massive problem on a trucks air tanks especially in freezing weather if the methanol anti-freezer system was broken or empty . ... give me the simple ball lever drain-cock every time . They allow a far more rapid exhausting of the air tank , thus giving it a bit of a scavenging effect .

Chances are your air line will still have oil & moisture in it clinging on to the sidewall of the hose . Do you have an in-line trap just after the compressor outlet to remove excessive moisture & oil ? If not they are very useful not only for the task but to also see how much oil & water is being expelled .. In periods of high humidity the amount of water can be alarmingly high when the air is compressed .

Did you check the compressors oil level each day you use the compressor ?

Yes, I need to replace the filter bowl assy, found it leaking.
Flushed the flex lines out with bucket, detergent and little submersible pump. Unfortunately can't do the same with the built in and buried lines around here, but I'll live with it.
This comp holds about 3/4 quart of oil, and never seems low.
The "auto" drain valve installed a year or so ago is crap, doesn't drain much and when water gets into it's tiny orifice doesn't drain at all. Soooo , hooked a short line to the drain port on the tank bottom reaching up to where it's accessible, and capped it with a cheap blowgun. Just squeeze and it dumps.
Pretty sure the whole thing will outlive me !!

Back