Seattle Wash for 8 hrs .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
What is one to do in Seattle for 8 hours ? Anything close to the airport that would keep you interested other than the first Starbucks ?

There is also a large airplane museum just saw a show listing it. Showed a 747 that survived going through a ash cloud from a volcano. Engines shut down and Pilot glided the plane and once past the cloud his engines restarted and was able to land the plane some 150 miles away. He was the first to do it and make aware of the problem.

What is one to do in Seattle for 8 hours ? Anything close to the airport...

Well, there's four or five airports, I'll presume you mean SeaTac (SEA); next to Boeing Field, Museum of Flight is worth a visit.
They have an SR-71 on display; wanna see a titanium skin plane close up?
Or maybe have a session in a Shuttle trainer?
<https://www.museumofflight.org/Plan-Your-Visit/>

The daughter is following along and taking notes . Thanks everyone .
:)

That museum could use up a week of your time. Worth a trip to Seattle by itself.

Flying into Tacoma . Flight is delayed in Bal until 9.25am .
:rolleyes: Off to a good start . Maybe I could send her to that machine shop auction out there ! :big grin:

Daughter did Pikes place market and was overwhelmed at how big it was . Packed ! She is now stuck in traffic and has been for 1 1/2 hr . The boy will be in at midnight PDL and they are going hiking ! Don't ask me where you can hike at midnight .
:dunno:

Boy just touched down in Seattle . Should hear from him in 20 minutes or so . I've been spying his flight on flighttracker .
:encourage:

Back