Second interview

Good for you!
I recently rediscovered what I should have been doing with my life.
I’ll retire ok but I should have followed my passion, like you, years ago.
Good luck.

Go for it and best of luck.
Every one of my job changes in my working life came about because I wanted to learn something new and with that a short term pay cut that soon disappeared.
I have even taken jobs way below my skill level just to get in the door.
If you have the aptitude it really doesnt take long to prove yourself and climb up.

The last year of my apprenticeship, 1968, paid A$64.00 a fortnight. Married, and a bub. A$44.00 a fortnight rent. I was in the Navy, RAN. Ship was in refit for 4 months, I earnt, A$120.00 per fortnight, cleaning, 4 hours, 5 nights, A$3.00 per hour.
Go for it, and Best of Luck.

The last year of my apprenticeship, 1968, paid A$64.00 a fortnight. Married, and a bub. A$44.00 a fortnight rent. I was in the Navy, RAN. Ship was in refit for 4 months, I earnt, A$120.00 per fortnight, cleaning, 4 hours, 5 nights, A$3.00 per hour.
Go for it, and Best of Luck.
G'day Mark. I just saw that you are in Rocky. I spent 10 years there, studying then working for CQU, Heights College and out at the mines in Blackwater for BHP Mitsubishi Alliance. I lived in Glenmore next to the tavern then moved to Frenchville for a few years before moving to Norway with my Norwegian wife.
Nice to see another Aussie on the forum and from Rocky no less!

Paul.

Go for it. Was in the trade close twenty years. While on a vacation I took a job on in Atlatic Canada as a machinist. Had to leave to find steady work. Years later I realize how much I miss it. I want to get back into machining beacause it is what I enjoy and fed up. Sold a few motorcycles and took on some debt and started to accumulate equipment. Getting there but far from a full rounded shop. I am fifty so you have six years on me in your favour. There is a need for skilled machinist that can troubleshoot and dont rely on aids all the time. We are losing our crafty people. Jump on it and it will carry you the rest of your life. It s all up to you what you want to do with it.

G'day Mark. I just saw that you are in Rocky. I spent 10 years there, studying then working for CQU, Heights College and out at the mines in Blackwater for BHP Mitsubishi Alliance. I lived in Glenmore next to the tavern then moved to Frenchville for a few years before moving to Norway with my Norwegian wife.
Nice to see another Aussie on the forum and from Rocky no less!

Paul.
Bill Korte, Glenmore Tavern...? My missus, is the local girl, I am from Stanthorpe, down near the border. What years were you here. I am ex RAN, finally moved here 1990, Tungamull, small 10 acre block, snakes, sheep, cattle, parrots, kookaburras 'n cockatoos, plus the odd roo, on the way to Emu Park.
I am 70, retired.
Best of luck to you.
Cheers, Mark Needham.

Go for it take life in big bites. I finished my apprenticeship 53 years ago. I'm now well and truly retired, and will be 75 in a few days, but I still love the challenge of making something that others say can't be done, only because they don't know how.

Two and a half years ago I realised I was getting bored, so I decided to buy a lathe and have some fun, A few things gave changed but I wish I had more time to use it. I have so many things I want to make but hardly ever have the time to do it.

I hope you enjoy the opportunity that has been given to you, make the most of it, and enjoy.

Bill Korte, Glenmore Tavern...? My missus, is the local girl, I am from Stanthorpe, down near the border. What years were you here. I am ex RAN, finally moved here 1990, Tungamull, small 10 acre block, snakes, sheep, cattle, parrots, kookaburras 'n cockatoos, plus the odd roo, on the way to Emu Park.
I am 70, retired.
Best of luck to you.
Cheers, Mark Needham.

I am originally from a tiny country town called Yarwun, about 30 k's from Gladstone. I grew up on a small farm with about 80 head of cattle and 2000 mango trees. I was in Rocky from 96 to 2006 before I moved to Norway. I was originally a school teacher but having grown up on a farm I learned the basics of mechanical repair, machining and some fab work. I threw the school teaching in to become a fireman before I left. I have been working in the oil industry in Norway and now own an engineering company here in Norway.

I am really missing Oz at the moment. I have my mum here for 9 months but it's not the same as being back in Queensland. I heard that Emu Park has developed a lot since I left. I worked a lot in Yeppoon as a firefighter and things have really changed there too in the last 12 years. The world is a small place. Say g'day to Graham for me next time you see him.

Paul.

Back