Seeking Input From Fogbuster Owners

Does that clamp on the right hold the tube?

I just measured some parts on the table from the headstock and found only one place I could get the magnetic head to work, so I think this isn't very likely to work for me. That's it hanging upside down next to the spindle.

MeasSetup1.JPG

some of us have made Spindle mounted lights. perhaps you could make a bracket the clamps on the spindle housing that the Fog Buster can mount to instead of using a Magnet, or use the spindle clamp to hold a piece of steel that the magnet can hold on to.

some of us have made Spindle mounted lights. perhaps you could make a bracket the clamps on the spindle housing that the Fog Buster can mount to instead of using a Magnet, or use the spindle clamp to hold a piece of steel that the magnet can hold on to.

I think that just a collar around the non-rotating part of the spindle that I could mount it to with hardware would be a good thing.

A check with Fogbuster shows they have a conversion kit to turn my one sprayer kit into a two sprayer kit. It's not on the website, but they tell me it's $180.

Drill a hole in the casting and screw the mag base arm into it.

There is a nice 3D printed adapter that lets you put the fogbuster nozzle on a locline. It was on a NYCNC video about 40 seconds in:

In the comment the maker says to google 'fogbuster enclosure'

bob

Wow there real proud of those things, is there enough pressure to blow the chips out

I feel it does a good enough job of chip removal but I don't try to push for the maximum speed possible and Chip removal is probably what limits me from going faster. I would expect Flood coolant would be best for maximum chip removal. I find the Fog Buster easy to use, instant on (unlike the coolmist system) and does well enough for all my needs.

I am going to look into the 3d printed adapter to the locline system

Drill a hole in the casting and screw the mag base arm into it.

There is a nice 3D printed adapter that lets you put the fogbuster nozzle on a locline. It was on a NYCNC video about 40 seconds in:

In the comment the maker says to google 'fogbuster enclosure'

bob

Interesting approach. The Loc Line just is a cover for the two hoses going the Fogbuster. The Fogbuster works the same way, and the output 1/8" tube is still the same, it just makes positioning it easier.

Which is a good thing. Not sure it would work on the Grizzly.

Does that clamp on the right hold the tube?

I just measured some parts on the table from the headstock and found only one place I could get the magnetic head to work, so I think this isn't very likely to work for me. That's it hanging upside down next to the spindle.

View attachment 269586

I have a G0704 and I use the mini mag base stuck on the bottom of the control box.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable...121941?hash=item2592966d95:g:yVQAAMXQ74JTS4i5

1529024862834.png

Back