Seeking nickel plating near Detroit

auto.pilot

Active User
Registered
I've called and emailed several local plating companies, but not one of them will take on small plating jobs. Is anyone familiar with a SE Michigan plater willing to take on small jobs?

Guessing I will have about 100 freshly turned brass items, each one no larger than your thumb.

Thanks

jim

I know you said Detroit, but I know a place in Minneapolis that does bluing and plating piece work. I was in there once and they showed me a Thompson they had just refinished the bluing and wood. It was like new.
I would bet you could send it certified mail or Nest day air.
Ken Metal Finishing 612 521 0673. I haven't been there in a few years and I am assuming they are still in business.
Rich

I just went through this my self. And recently found and tried Courtesy Metal Polishing. What I liked about this was you can send them photos on line and they will give you a quote. You send them your item with a check and you get back your plated part in a very timely fashion. I just processed an order this way and I never actually spoke to anyone on the phone. It took about 3-4 weeks, all very quick and clean. I am going to use them again. And, I thought their prices are very reasonable. Good luck.

I would highly recommend Classic Plating in Redford. They are a small outfit and will take on any size job. I can't vouch for their electroplating, but have had a lot of parts electroless nickel plated by them and they did an excellent job. It sounds like that might be what you are looking for anyway.

Tom

Back