Select Machine Tool Co. Vertical Mill

Streetfighterkz

Registered
Registered
It's been a while since I posted in the forum but I just picked up a machine that I'm having a hard time finding much, if any, information on. Please bear with me as I only used a mill a small amount in a basic machining class.

It's a Select Machine Tool Co, 6x26" vertical knee mill.

It appears to be a super simple version of a Clausing 8520.

I have a few questions that I hope someone here can answer.

1) What are the correct length belts? (I matched up what was on the machine but one definitely seems too short.)

2) The way cover is also missing. What can I use to replace it?

3) There is only an on/off switch located on the side of the column. Eventually I would like to be able to reverse directions of the motor if I want. Is there a control I can find/buy to let me do that?

Here are a few pics of the machine...
51590ED9-6958-48B0-8688-D8C5AE16B6C3.jpg
B72EC88A-E06A-489F-96BA-90FC04D7089E.jpg
05185431-2F6E-40E4-8DBF-C198AE9A1652.jpg

Thank you for any help and information.

Later, Doug

I have the same machine. Mine has a manufacturers date of 1976 and made in Taiwan. I didn't have any instruction manual when I bought it new, but lately I got a copy from another OB mill owner. If you can give me your mailing address, I will make a copy of the manual I have.

Thanks for posting, I would love to go out and find one of them in my shop. Looks like a good size.

I have the same machine. Mine has a manufacturers date of 1976 and made in Taiwan. I didn't have any instruction manual when I bought it new, but lately I got a copy from another OB mill owner. If you can give me your mailing address, I will make a copy of the manual I have.
I recently joined Hobby-Machinist. I posted a thread yesterday that I am looking for a manual for my Select OB mill. If you are still willing I would like to get a copy of yours. Just let me know.

Back