Selector switch knob removal

Dudemanrod

Registered
Registered
This is going to be a forward- reverse selector for my lathe. Any body know how to get the knob off before I destroy this mfer. Merry Christmas!!

Attachments

• 20191224_110342.jpg
    20191224_110342.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20191224_110254.jpg
    20191224_110254.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • 20191224_110355.jpg
    20191224_110355.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
I would think the metal collar would unthread

This is going to be a forward- reverse selector for my lathe. Any body know how to get the knob off before I destroy this mfer. Merry Christmas!!
Any chance there's a supply house near you or on-line and you could grab a decent A-B selector switch or similar?
Reason that I'm saying that is I had one very similar to that on my lathe and it busted itself apart.
Similar to this -=- LINK -=-
I went out and look at my old one but it didn't have the "L" on it. Appears that it might just be a push/pull kind of fit, but I'm not certain.

Thanks guys this switch is a POS I could not tell looking at it but 8 buck should be a clue i just figured it's kind of basic but i took it apart and I'm not impressed. I will get a us made switch. Thanks

You have to take it apart in sterile completely empty room because upon disassembly 5 springs, 3 sliding plates and 2 gozinta's are gonna fly out of it.

You have to take it apart in sterile completely empty room because upon disassembly 5 springs, 3 sliding plates and 2 gozinta's are gonna fly out of it.
Don't forget about the 'Kumberbuzzles' they'll fly everywhere also.

Once the white tab is removed, the black selector will come off.
It is held in by a detent.
Once the black knob is off, the metal ring will come off.

Thanks zero got it. Pulled the lever up and she popped off. Now I like it better maybe I'll use it lol.

Back