Selling Vintage Audio Equipment

frugalguido

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Looking for recommendations on where to sell large amount of vintage audio gear and audio test gear. A little background, I was, during my working life in the audio business (25+ years). Because of this, I have a large amount of old school audio stuff from the 60's-80's that I need to start getting rid of. With a recent dead in the family (wife's sister's husband) my wife is wanting me to start getting rid of stuff so that she doesn't have too,( at least she isn't pushing me to sell the Deckel's). Most of the stuff is higher end, at least it was back in the day.
I was thinking about Ebay, but I don't know if that's the best way. Maybe there is other avenues that I am not aware of in this day and age. Any input would be appreciated.

Craigs list is probably easier, and no fees to pay
Mark

There seems to be a surging interest in older audio. I was amazed at some of the asking prices on Craigs List. Back about 25 years ago I sold an old Pioneer SX1250 receiver for $50, now they sell for over $1000 restored. Craigs List is probably your best bet as Mark said.

Try the ARF classified, esp for the test gear. (antiqueradios.com)

I might be interested in some of the test gear, although I have most everything I need. PM me what you have to sell if you would. Old radios can be as deep a rabbit hole as machine shop if you're not careful.

I might be interested in some of the test gear, although I have most everything I need. PM me what you have to sell if you would. Old radios can be as deep a rabbit hole as machine shop if you're not careful.

Thanks for the link, I will come up with a list of test equipment, most of it is audio related though.

I sold a few vintage amps on eBay and got way more than I imagined. The problem with Craigslist is you ar only selling locally, eBay offers potentially world wide exposure.

Do you have any Onkyo Integra or SAE equipment for sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your best bet for the audio gear is Audiogon, a site dedicated to folks trading higher end equipment. This assumes you are selling the likes of Krell, conrad-johnson, Audio Research, McIntosh, Esoteric or Hafler. Either way, it is an excellent pricing source from an active marketplace.

Good luck!

Your best bet for the audio gear is Audiogon, a site dedicated to folks trading higher end equipment. This assumes you are selling the likes of Krell, conrad-johnson, Audio Research, McIntosh, Esoteric or Hafler. Either way, it is an excellent pricing source from an active marketplace.

Good luck!
I saw a mention on Audiogon about pricing, do you know if that is just from sales on their site or the total market place?

Back