Sewer manhole lid worth saving?

Sometimes they sit so far below the road surface that they may as well not be there. Suspension testers and wreckers all in one.

I want one! Although I wouldn't know what to do with it. Hopefully you find a new home for it, I'd hate to see it go to the scrap yard.

Well if you can get your hands on 3 more you could do this! :D

manhole-cover-tires.jpg

These guys do some funny, stupid, & crazy things.

I want one! Although I wouldn't know what to do with it. Hopefully you find a new home for it, I'd hate to see it go to the scrap yard.

Well if you can get your hands on 3 more you could do this! :D

These guys do some funny, stupid, & crazy things
I don't think I wanna see your 'playlist'... :grin:

I don't think I wanna see your 'playlist'... :grin:

Haha, ah it's no so bad. I'm not subscribed to the channel above, just came to mind cause I remembered seeing it. Most of what I watch is machining related plus maker stuff.

Just funning with you 22.

I would rather reuse the entire manhole cover but don't think I should on a 10's of thousands of dollars repair. Best for the customer to see an entire new structure.

Makes sense 22.
Seems like it might make a great patio table, won't blow away in a tornado and would make great conversation about why it is round.

If the opening is triangular, the cover could fall through.

You are correct true triangular covers can fall through. The "Reuleaux Triangle" will not but it isn't really a triangle.

http://mathtourist.blogspot.com/2010/08/manhole-cover-geometry.html

I believe the real reason for circular manhole covers is that the pipes below are typically round. Pipes are almost always round because they have the largest volume for the same surface area of the pipe and also handle pressure better.

My septic tank cover is square but it isn't over a pipe and I know I'm never going in there!

Makes sense 22.
Seems like it might make a great patio table, won't blow away in a tornado and would make great conversation about why it is round.

Excellent suggestion! Not my house but maybe at my shop. My wife couldn't handle that at our house.

Back