Shank for Threading Die

The turret takes 1 - 1/2" shank tools, on my machine, I held the (larger) shank die head in a flanged holder bolted on to the turret face.
1 1/4" here. I've been making split bushings for the flanged tool holders. Probably not ideal but trying to get some more tooling. I think mmcmdl might be able to help in that dept

The two die heads look to be the external trip type, not the pull off type; external trip needs some sort of bracket to contact the die head's trip contact to cause it to open when the end of the thread is reached, all my die heads were the pull off type, so that when the stop on the turret was reached, the thread would pull against a spring in the die head causing the movable part of the head to continue to move forward a short distance and trip, causing the chasers to open,
The two Geometric heads release either way , pull or push . :) The other , not so sure of anymore , I haven't used it since I got the 3/4 Geo head .

That large flanged holder is a good candidate for one of the 3/4" heads, if the shank is smaller, you can make a split sleeve for it. I guess that I was mistaken as to the turret hole diameter; it has been 10 years since I sold my shop. I think the smaller flanged holder is half of a adjustable holder that has a shank on the other half to fit the turret holes, they were used to make up for mislignment between the spindle and turret holes due to wear, the holes in the flange were made with lots of clearance, so the flange could be moved around into accurate alignment.

Here's a pick of my heads Arc . Two are 3/4 heads , the small is a 9/16s head . Let me round up all the chasers as they are spread out amongst various places . I'm doing the best I can ! :grin: What size shanks does your turret take ? I have some good stuff . Tapping heads , floating holders etc .
I could look into using one close enough to set up in a MT2

Back