SHAPER MACHINE SANCHES BLANES

TPinheiro

Registered
Registered
Hello,

Good afternoon !

The planer has arrived and I have already partially disassembled for painting, cleaning and adjustment of the buses as the operation was very heavy.
The engine is of two speeds (dalhander) and was for reform in changing the tips and bearings.

8216a334-508e-4b7a-865d-179021921fc7.jpg

a235f46d-cd95-4a34-94f5-293980dae272.jpg

a986f296-1ae9-4859-9c66-ce559e07282c.jpg

aa72d96a-c14b-481d-875b-f3ec7301d993.jpg

e63c83e9-e6a1-40e7-ba00-a2276789ad05.jpg

I'm going to have to mount a panel with contactors to control the two speeds, it has two more mechanical speeds in a lever
And two with belt change in a total of 8 speeds.

Old machine but very well preserved all fair buses without any slack and with original painting still. Made aprox in 1976 for what I researched.

Small parts like walrus and screws are in caustic soda bath for cleaning.

I'll post more photos soon!

I'm impressed with that universal table. Those are pretty rare on smaller shapers. In fact, that's the first one I've seen on a small shaper, and I've been a shaper nut for about 10 years now. Good luck on the resto, looking forward to seeing it cut some metal.

Nice looking machine. Kind of surprised they were still being made in 1976. Welcome to the site. Cheers, Mike

Last edited:
Nice looking machine. Kid of surprised they were still being made in 1976. Welcome to the site. Cheers, Mike
You can still buy a new one from India or China. They tend to still be very popular in shops in countries where the cost of labor makes buying expensive milling cutters less attractive than taking a bit more time on a machine that uses cheap lathe tool bits.

She looks great, nice work. They really leave a nice surface finish, don't they. Does it have a lubrication pump built in? Cheers, Mike

It has no pump, lubrication is made with grease in the gears and oil in the busbars

Nice. I like the sky blue. Nice contrast, a pleasant machine to look at.

Thank you !

I also liked my job; It got better than I expected; The machine was very good, has no clearances, very precise and aligned.

Glad you liked it!

Thank you !!

Back