Shaper vise

That's a bit like Rudy K's vise is like and what I originally found. Problem is the 6" is the smallest and while this doesn't sound like a problem for you I think it's probably to big for my 7b where the table is only 6x6 1/2". The original vise is only 4", and unfortunately the smallest 2pc vise is 6".

Do a search for 2 piece vice, I know that I saw 3 & 4" ones when I originally searched for them. I think Shars might have them too

I've done several searches and Shars has only the 6 and 8". Same with Grizzley, EBay and craigslist.If you run into those smaller vises I'd sure appreciate a link. I've learned searches are not the same on different machines.

i have not seen the 2 piece in 4" vise version. that doesn't mean they don't exist
i would snatch one up in a second.

there are ways to make simple 4" table vises using square stock and bolts

Apparently I was mistaken, I ran a new search and don't see anything smaller than the 6". I will check to see if I bookmarked the link. I remember seeing the vise and remarking to myself that 4" is too small for what I'm looking for. If I turn up a link I'll definitely post it.
sorry to get your hopes up

I just did another cruise of eBay and what caught my eye was some said 3 1/2 depth on the 6" vise.

I wasn't sure what "depth" meant. I'm still really intreagued by the toe clamps, but not ready to shell out the kind of dough they want for them. I could see how like the Te-Co are hard to make with the threaded dovetail setup.

Yup, that's definitely the stuff. So do you think there's just one hold down bolt with the clamping pusher bolt (oh so technical) off set and rely on the bit of a protrusion into the table slot to keep it straight, or does that have two hold down bolts with the pusher bolt between them? Hard to tell with just a side view. But definitely got the brain cells poppin'.

You can use long pieces of stock and crossdrill the stock and thread for the pusher bolts. You could then drill the anchor holes In the toe clamp and then bolt to the table with t-nuts or other means

Back