Shapers

H

Hukshawn

Forum Guest
Register Today
Are there companies still building new shapers? I really want one. It’ll be a loooooong time till I get one, but that hasnt stopped me from browsing. I’ve noticed it’s impossible (as I haven’t found one yet) to find a new one. For gawking purposes, anyways...

As far as I know, the smallest ones still made in India and China are around 14". I don't know of anyone in the US who has ordered one, but I expect the shipping will probably be as much as the shaper or more. There are plenty out there on Ebay, if you are willing to wait for one and drive a ways you can probably find one. I will have a 100+ year old 16" Steptoe for sale soon, but it might be a bit of a drive for you.

Those are all biiig machines. Not quite like the 7" atlas’s that come up for sale once in a blue moon

And they're cheap too. Not sure what shipping would cost or if they're any good.

If all else fails you can build your own. Search Acto Super 8 on ebay. I have these plans and will build one. The plans are complete and easy to follow.

Please be advised the plans have metric dimensions.

"Billy G"

Gary Martin at Martin Model and Patern sells a set of castings for a 4" hand shaper.

Back