Sharpening End Mills

Now to shoot myself in the foot for free dull end mills, here's a video, the first of a series, on sharpening your cutters:

Stefan is a very serious tool and die maker, and all his videos are worth watching.

Now to shoot myself in the foot for free dull end mills, here's a video, the first of a series, on sharpening your cutters:

Stefan is a very serious tool and die maker, and all his videos are worth watching.
First, I don’t have that kind of grinder that could let me grind angles....second, when they dull up, they are still yours!

Thanks for your kind oiffer - Some (re) sharpened end mills will certainly find their way back to you!

Last edited:
About 5 years ago I purchased a used Cuttermaster. Although not cost-effective to sharpen 1 or 2 end mills at a time, it really does an outstanding job, considering that I use it about once a year. I just wait until I have a large number of dull end mills or I score a bucket of salvage end mills. It's a pretty easy system to learn. It is better on larger EMs. I don't even bother with anything less than 3/8". I haven't bought a new 3/8+ EM in 5 years.
Randy

Back