Sheldon Lathe

dave enrico

Registered
Registered
bde30ef3116148bfb7d1f1c8310e3eb2.jpg

hello everyone ive been looking for a good american lathe i can clean up and use,ive found this sheldon which is what ive been looking for,can someone explain the tailstock to me never seen anything loke that
price is 450.00 with no motor sound reasonable thanks everyone and i wish everyone a happy holidays dave

Pretty sure tailstock is normal just need take all those pulleys and set them up behind the headstock and add a motor owner has them up on the bed for the picture only . As far as the price well depends what's available near you. It's not the deal you get it's the deal you think you got. Hard to tell the
Condition by the one pic sorry

I have a similar lathe and find it very serviceable. It has done everything I have asked it to do. That whole pulley pulley setup that is on the tail stock end of the pic actually gets mounted under he bench top in the left hand compartment of the base. There are 2 belts that go through the top and around the spindle. I could see it being a nightmare to mount in place. $450 is a good price assuming it is functional without too much slop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking lathe..it used to be in back of a deuce and a half.military mobile machine shop.bed at right end has bolt,spring.washer set up to tighten or leave loose depending if in service or mobile..left legs of cabinet went up against wheel well behind drivers side of bed..that's a good price..Phil

Forgot to add..you can put under drive unit on small floor jack and install..without motor..factory 3/4 hp motor is cast iron and heavy as 40 hells..

I have the same lathe and mine was missing the original cabinet and pulley set. Instead it has a 3/4 horsepower motor with a four speed transmission. Would love to see that drive set up.

Back