Sheldon lathes

Sandman28

Registered
Registered
Hi I have a Sheldon model # XL-56 with a 10 inch swing,I need Precision bearings for the headstock. I know they are expensive I like to know where to purchase them, any help will be appreciated. GS

If you're sure you need bearings I would disassemble the headstock and get the numbers off the bearings currently in there. Then I would give these people a call with the numbers:

I bought bearings from them for the Worthington Drive on my Sheldon MW-56-P. I tried several different bearing houses and the prices were outrageous to say the least. These people were by far the least expensive and gave the best service. They are not a traditional bearing supplier in that they do not generally buy from distributors. Most of their inventory is from factory or distributor overstocks, or buying out failed supply houses.

Do they only do ball bearings as the name implies?

I think they do almost any kind of bearings made. On their site they advertise different styles
Ball and roller bearings
Angular Contact Ball BearingAngular Contact Bearings Ball Bearings Cam Followers
Cylindrical Roller BearingDouble Row Ball BearingInstrument / miniature bearings
Needle Bearings
Rod Ends
Roll neck bearings
Self-aligning, self-lubricating bearings
Shaker screens
Spherical Roller BearingsSteel mill bearings
Super Precision Angular
Tape thrust bearings
Taper Roller Bearing
Thin Section
Z-mill bearings
Mounted Bearing Units
Flange Bearings Pillow Block Bearings Roller Bearing Cartridge UnitRoller Bearing Flange Unit
Roller Bearing Pillow BlockSplit bearings
Take Up
Lubricated Bearings
Babbitt bearings
Bronze bearings
High-temperature bearings
Journal bearings
Self-lubricating bearings
Specialty Bearings
Arcanol rolling bearing greases Axial angular contact ball bearings
Axial cylindrical roller bearings
Axial deep groove ball bearings
Axial needle roller and cage assemblies
Axial Spherical Roller Brg
Barrel roller bearings
Bearing housings
Bearings for screw drivers
Ceramic bearings
Crossed roller bearings
Deep Groove Double Row
Drawn cup roller clutches
Fastners and retainers
Four point contact bearings
Inner Rings
Insert bearings and housing units, idler sprocket units, idler pulley units
Needle roller and cage assemblies
Nylon bearings
Plastic bearings
Rotary table bearings
Sealing rings
Self-aligning Ball Bearings
Spindle BearingsTapered Roller Bearings
Teflon bearings
Thin Section BearingsTrack rollers

Well, that does pretty much cover the world of bearings with the exception of various types of sleeve bearings and split removable half-shell bearings. :cool:

When I replaced the bearings on my EXL56 they were both found along with the cups on eBay. All class 3 Timken stuff. Can’t hurt to look.

Back