Sheldon vernon vertical Mill?

laddy

Registered
Registered
Hey,
Anybody else have a Sheldon/Vernon vertical milling machine?? Art deco in appearance. Originally made to be the crossover machine between a jig borer and a mill. I have had mine for close to ten years and love it. Since I am strapped for space and do mainly smaller stuff I don't have room or need for a Bridgeport. Fred

Hey Laddy,
How a bout some pictures. I 'd love to see it.

Randy
Proud owner of a Vernon Shaper

My computer ability is rather limited. How do I transfer a photo from Picasa to the reply thread? Fred

Hey,
Anybody else have a Sheldon/Vernon vertical milling machine?? Art deco in appearance. Originally made to be the crossover machine between a jig borer and a mill. I have had mine for close to ten years and love it. Since I am strapped for space and do mainly smaller stuff I don't have room or need for a Bridgeport. Fred

https://picasaweb.google.com/103254110764903661834/SheldonVernonMillProject

Working on one (link Above... wondering if you were able to find collets and other accessories for it?)

Steve

In your Picasa album, you should be able to right click the image and copy image location of using firefox, or similar language in any other browser, then here in your post, include the URL between these tags: . The picture will be linked into the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a vernon mill/borer looks very similar to the sheldon.

OK, now off to do an intro ;-)

I have one of those Vernon jig borers/mill combos that I use mainly for light milling. Works great - and I was even able to haul it home in my pick up. JEM

DSC04768.JPG DSC04770.JPG

I had Vernon for several years in the early 90's. I liked it a lot but sold it when I got a got deal on a Mathey knee mill. I always liked its art deco styling. Luckily came with all the collets I needed so I never needed to go hunting for them.

Michael

I had Vernon for several years in the early 90's. I liked it a lot but sold it when I got a got deal on a Mathey knee mill. I always liked its art deco styling. Luckily came with all the collets I needed so I never needed to go hunting for them.

Michael

Did you get the Mathey from Cardon Tools by any chance?

Back